Grease Trap Pumping in the San Francisco Bay Area
Fast, 24 Hour Grease Trap Cleaning Service
Running a commercial kitchen comes with a number of concerns that go well beyond a private home kitchen. As a restaurant owner, you are obligated to follow a number of regulations to ensure the safety of your employees, guests, and the general public. For example, your restaurant may be required to have a grease trap interceptor that prevents fat, oil, and grease from entering the San Francisco water system. Having a grease trap is one thing—maintaining it is quite another. A-1 Septic Tank Service can provide prompt grease trap pumping services and help make sure your kitchen runs smoothly.
Importance of Grease Trap Inceptor Maintenance
Your restaurant’s grease trap should not be ignored. Here are just a few reasons why you should have your grease trap pumped regularly.
- Preventing Odors: If you allow too much grease to accumulate in your grease trap, you may notice a foul odor before too long. This could make your restaurant an uncomfortable place to be.
- Improving Safety: A poorly maintained grease trap can seriously compromise your kitchen’s indoor air quality. A grease trap could also catch fire if it gets too full.
- Avoiding Fines: Once your grease trap becomes full, grease from your kitchen will enter the municipal water system. If regulatory authorities identify your restaurant as the source of the grease, you could be facing a significant fine.
Grease Trap Pumping Process
For the sake of your safety, you should leave grease trap pumping to the professionals. Consider having a grease trap cleaning professional come at least once every 90 days to perform the following tasks.
- Measurement: First, the pump expert measures the level of fat, oil, and grease (FOG) in your grease trap. Keeping track of this information is important for creating a reliable maintenance schedule.
- Pumping: Next, the technician places a hose into the grease trap and removes the FOG. Later, the technician disposes of the FOG in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Cleaning: Finally, the technician removes excess material that has caked onto the edges of the grease trap. He may also test various grease trap components to make sure they’re operating properly.
Grease trap pumping is an essential part of responsibly operating a commercial kitchen. If your San Francisco Bay Area restaurant is in need of swift and effecting grease trap cleaning, trust the experts at A-1 Septic Tank Service. We provide all sorts of septic tank services for Bay Area home and business owners. Call 510-886-4455 to schedule an appointment.